Family Adventure Find way home is an island-simulation game, developed by Fansipan Limited, which is available to download from the Play Store. Your main strategy is finding your way home, as you are stranded on an island.
With various tasks available, you are required to plant crops, build things and even join in with the community.
Your tasks will include exploring the island and meeting people along the way, as well as collecting items that enable you to craft various items, as well as complete tasks in order to progress.
Table of Contents
Family Adventure Find way home has a tutorial, which is very helpful to indicate the sort of tasks required from you. As you go along you can choose to skip the tutorial or to read the instructions.
I would recommend that if it is your first time playing a farming sim game such as this, do not skip the tutorial.
Your very first task is to find food. In order to do so you need to find a fruit bush. Take note of the image below:
On the top-left side of your screen, there is an icon that shows which tasks need to be completed.
If you select the icon and then select the magnifying glass, it will scroll across the screen to indicate exactly where the berry bush is located.
Tap on the berry bush to collect the berries.
You are now able to craft a tent. To craft the tent you first need to buy it in the shop, under the building tab, then place it in a suitable location on your map.
If there is sufficient space and the location is suitable there will be a highlighted green tick on it. Tap on the tick to show you are satisfied with the placement of each item.
The cross will cancel the order and return it to the shop if you decide not to use it at that time. You can then craft it at a later stage.
You will get rewards each time you complete a task. For example, placing the tent will give you grass bundles as a reward.
You will need these rewards in order to progress in the game. You will likewise be shown what is needed to complete your additional tasks, throughout the game.
After leveling up, a screen will pop up showing you which new items have become available for you to work toward, and improve your life on the island. See the image below:
You will need to place a Camping Stove to cook your food. In order to do so, you will select the camping stove and on that screen, you to drag the potatoes into the block at the bottom of the screen.
This will then cook the meal for your family. Any items crafted, cooked, or grown, have a time stamp on the top right corner of the item to show how long it will take to complete production.
You will be able to place multiple items in the allocated squares when you are crafting items, they will require you to wait for the first item to complete production, before starting on the next item.
From level 4 there is a map in the left bottom corner of the screen. These maps will open after completing additional quests.
Place garden beds to produce food such as potatoes, otherwise your family will starve.
Harvest potatoes and various food sources from the garden beds after sewing the seeds. Food sources that have been sewn will double in quantity with each harvest.
Place a sawmill to be able to make wooden stakes. Wooden stakes are required to upgrade buildings.
Each of your buildings will produce something that the next building will need in order to upgrade, or in other instances, progress further in the game.
As you progress there will be animals that are on the island.
Sheep will produce fleece for you to use to upgrade items. You need to produce feed in the mill to feed the sheep. In order to produce fleece, feed a sheep and it will give you the fleece required for various tasks.
Bees that are flying around will enable you to construct hives, you will get honey and honeycombs required to make feed. Honeycombs take a long time to regenerate.
Building a bathroom also makes you feel better which you can do at the end of level 6.
You will get chickens on Level 7. To make feed in the mill you will need corn and Honeycombs.
Chickens will give you eggs after you feed them which in turn will allow you to make omelets.
In order to consume the food you have produced, place the food in the allocated squares after selecting the table. You can either choose to watch the ad or decline after clicking on the serving dish icon.
If you find treasure chests you can watch an ad to open the chest to claim the rewards.
Once you reach level 8 there will be an opportunity to build a bridge to the next section of the island. Build a stone bridge to cross the river to get to the other side.
Take note of the image below:
Once you go over the bridge and fix the holes you will find another inhabitant on the island. He will require additional help.
There are also other members of the family missing, which would require you to find them along the way as you progress.
If your Inventory Chest gets too full you will need to upgrade it. You can empty the chest by exchanging items in the chest for stars that build toward leveling up.
Repair the small boat to be able to travel to Flower Island. Follow tasks in order to progress further.
You can now travel between the islands by going to the map on the bottom left of the screen to choose which island you want to travel to.
When upgrading your buildings, take note of the required items that are needed to upgrade. You will be able to produce them while you are busy with other required tasks.
You will gradually be able to upgrade your tent to a house. As you upgrade your house you will also increase your max energy level.
Other buildings can also be upgraded as you reach higher levels in the game.
Collecting grass, sticks, and wood also clears the land so that you can place your structures in convenient places.
Main Screen Display Icons and Functions
On your screen, you will see all the different icons in the game. Their functions are as follows:
The top right-hand side is the icon that shows the level you are on and clicking on it will allow you to be able to change your profile information, Avatar, and border.
Below this icon on the main screen, there are Icons that show the tasks you need to complete to be able to level up in the game.
On the bottom right corner is your map. See the image below:
On the top of your screen are the energy and ruby icons. You can increase these by clicking on the icon which will take you to the screen where you can purchase more energy or rubies.
The icon on the left top corner with the three horizontal stripes is your menu for your Mail Box, Settings, Daily Rewards, and Social media.
In the bottom right corner are your chest and shop.
The chest holds your inventory of items collected or made such as your basic items, crafting items, food items, rare items, and event items. Take note of the image below:
The shop has all the items that you can purchase and craft, such as buildings, decorations, packs, energy, rubies, events, and storage.
In-game Purchases and Store
In every game, there is a currency that is required to progress. In Family Adventures Find way home, your currency is rubies.
Saving these rubies is an ideal way to progress, as the game gets more complicated further on.
Energy can be bought using rubies and these rubies can be bought using in-game purchases as shown below. You can also buy items using some of your rubies.
There is a chest at the bottom right side of the screen which holds your inventory items. Each category has its own items such as logs, grass, sticks, shells, and stones to name a few. The crafting icon has items such as stales, boards, string, etc.
The Food Icon has items such as potatoes, eggs, as well as animal feed. The Rare Icon has gold tools and jewels. The last Icon is the Event Icon.
Tips and Strategies
- Once you have selected a structure, there are arrows on the left and right sides of your screen. They show you which structures you have built on your island.
- Try to keep all your structures busy producing items, as you will need more and more of them as the game progresses. For example, collect stones, logs, and sticks to upgrade your structures as you will need them to expand your living area.
- Make sure you are harvesting crops to feed your family. Time is required to grow or produce items so if you have a supply of items in your inventory, you can keep playing without having to wait for items to be completed. You can speed production time up by using rubies.
- While you are busy completing tasks you will sometimes find gift boxes with awesome bonus items, such as energy and/or rubies in them.
- Rubies are displayed on the top of your screen, in the center along with your energy, which is shown as a blue lightning bolt.
- When you tap on the task icon on the left-hand side of your screen it shows what the task is, if you then tap on that task it will show you where the task is situated.
- Each day you will receive daily rewards. There is a time clock on the screen which shows when you can collect your new reward.
- Take note of your energy level. It runs out fast while completing tasks and collecting various items in the game.
- Each item shows you the amount of energy needed to harvest it.
- Keep an eye out for a red dot on your Shop Icon at the bottom right-hand side of your screen. These could mean free items for you or items you can get by watching an ad or two.
- Remember to replant crops after harvesting, if you do not continuously replant crops, you will run out of food production.
- Keep your production line running in order to replenish supplies, if you don’t, you will run out of supplies and then you will have to wait for products to be ready, or you will need to use your rubies to speed them up.
- Keep an eye on your screen for a special little icon that looks like an old-fashioned alarm clock, displayed on the top-left-hand side of your screen, below your level icon, it will give you extra energy if you watch an ad.
See the image below:
- These can help if your energy level is getting low. You need to be alert for them as they disappear after a few seconds.
- You can move your structures after placing them when you have cleared more land.
- If your energy is getting low, look for gifts that enable you to watch ads, claim energy, or receive gems. Additionally, you can look in the shop where there is an energy icon displayed. Tapping this icon will give you the option of watching an ad to get 20 more energy.
This is an interesting game to play as it really keeps you occupied trying to craft and make things to improve your chances of being able to find your way back home.
For the ultimate farmer and craftsman gamer, this is an excellent game to play.