Dragon Nest 2: Evolution is an action-packed MMORPG game developed by Level Infinite, and is available to download for free on the Play Store.
This newly released game has many features available, from 4 unique classes to choose from to quest rewards and enemies to battle, Neverwinter fans will recognize this game in a flash!
Your goal is to build up your character to max your power level while battling enemies and requesting help from teams, guild members, or friends.
For starters, let us take a look at the four different classes and what they entail:
Table of Contents
The Warrior, classically known as the tank, is a perfect choice for gamers who love running headfirst into a battle. The tank gives players an opportunity to learn the game efficiently and does the most damage while looking out for the team. This character is a defensive player, as well as an attacker.
The Sorceress is known to have exceptional AOE skills and can be counted on to help the team out a great deal. However, gamers that place the Sorceress in the forefront of battle will be sorely disappointed. They have bad control stats, and defense and would fare better in a battle if they are being used as ranged attackers.
One of my personal favorites; the Archer does fairly good damage from a distance, and fares well in ranged battles. This class is also beginner friendly and can help the newbie to learn gameplay efficiently. They come in handy for those wanting to steer clear of the battle, while still being able to help team members from a distance.
Who doesn’t love being healed while battling enemies? The Cleric is best suited for gamers that want to help their teammates, attack, heal and defend all in one go. While this class is not the easiest to master, once you get the hang of them they are a fantastic option and one of the most coveted teammates in the game.
Dragon Nest 2 Gameplay
Now that we know the unique classes, we can look at how to play Dragon Nest 2. For starters, once you have downloaded the game and the initial updates have been downloaded, you will have the option of choosing your class as described above.
You will then have access to choose your favorite style and choose the appearance that best suits your style, with options such as hair, eyebrows, and face shape, among others.
You will start gameplay by moving your joystick, on mobile the joystick is indicated as a circle on the left-hand bottom side of your screen.
At the beginning of the game, you will be facing off with enemies, in order to get yourself well acquainted with the game tactics.
To attack the enemies, tap on the attack icon on the right-hand side of your screen.
There are 3 additional icons beside the attack icon, which are your skills. Use them every time your cooldown ends in order to gain an advantage over the enemies.
Once you have defeated the enemies, you will receive a chest that you can open by tapping on it.
A massive monster will appear and you will need to have quick fingers in order to defeat this guy! Attack him by holding in your attack icon and using the extra skills available to you. A red marking on the ground will show that enemies are preparing to use a critical strike.
When attacking these enemies, use your movement to your advantage. Standing still will more than likely be the death of you.
The bottom right corner icon appears as a man on his head. Use this icon to speed away from enemies. This applies to all of the characters looking for a quick getaway.
Once you reach level 8, you will be taken on a quest to tame a horse. This horse will enable you to move freely around the map with speed. Different mounts become available as you progress throughout the game.
Mounts that are equipped will give you additional buffs, which will help you during battles.
As you progress, you will be able to level up items such as gear, your mount, and skills, among others.
Each character has its own unique skills. See below for details:
- The Sorceress: When tapping on the Sorceress’ skill, she will release a glacial spike after accumulating cold air, dealing damage equal to 27.75% of ATK and Element ATK.
- Her second skill will release a quake dealing damage equal to 56.75%. Her third skill can be used to launch a flame dealing damage equal to 28.50%.
- The Warrior: Your Warrior deals an impact punch at close range to enemies. He gives the saying: “packs a mean punch” a new meaning with this skill. Not only does the enemy go flying, the physical attack is equal to 101.25%.
- His second skill allows you to produce a spinning slash that deals 180% attack. The third skill allows you to deal a heavy slash, by raising your weapon and smashing the enemy over the head, causing 169.61% damage.
- The Archer: The Archer has a magical arrow that allows you to strike enemies with an arrow that explodes on impact. This arrow can be used in a ranged battle and has quite the effect. Deals equal to 26.38% of ATK and Element ATK.
- His second skill can be used to perform a cyclone kick that causes you to spin and kick surrounding enemies with both legs, dealing 65.50% equal damage. The third skill entails firing a double shot arrow, which allows you to deal equal damage of 24.45%.
- The Cleric: The Cleric has a thunderbolt skill that can be released at close range. Additionally, the lighting bolt sends your enemy flying. This bolt deals damage up to 39.50% of ATK and Element ATK before an upgrade.
- His second skill allows you to produce a divine shockwave, dealing equal damage of 52.33%. The third skill allows you to summon chain lightning, and deal damage equal to 42.38%. Additionally, this skill has a 50% chance of electrocuting the target every three seconds and lasts ten seconds.
Please note that as you progress further, additional skills will become available for you to equip, and these are guidelines for the skills you will use at the very beginning of the game.
Main Screen Icons and Functions
On your main screen in Dragon Nest 2, there are numerous icons that will help you throughout the game. Find more details below:
- Avatar – Your Avatar on the top-left-hand corner will display your character, as well as your bag inventory when you select it.
On this screen, you are able to see details about your character, change their name and see the items you have equipped on your character. Additionally, the tab stating bag will allow you to see the items stored in your inventory, and allow you to manage or dismantle them.
- Forbidden Island – The icon below your avatar allows you to travel to the Forbidden Island. You will be able to collect rewards after completing a certain amount of quests and proceed to the next level.
- Main Quests – Main quests are displayed beneath the Forbidden Island, and selecting this tab will take you to the required destination if you have selected auto.
- Quest Details – Selecting quest details shows you which mission is pending, as well as your next mission if it is available. Tapping on the go will take you to the mission.
- Daily Quests – Below the flag icon which displays your quests, on the left side still, you will be able to see your daily quests.
- Social Icon – The social icon allows you to join up with a team on quests and displays nearby teams if you select it.
The left pointing arrow beneath these tabs will enable you to hide the tabs for an easier view of your screen.
- Mount – The mount icon will enable you to either dismount or mount your horse, or whichever mount you have equipped at the time.
The right-facing arrow allows you to choose your screen angle on the 3D or 2.5D icon, the camera enables you to take screenshots, and the icon displaying a person dancing is where you can dance with your favorite emotes.
- Stamina – Below this icon you will see an icon displaying your stamina count.
- Chat & Social – The bottom center icon is your social tab where you are able to add friends and read your mail. The chat box can be selected when you would like to chat with friends, guild members, and teams.
- Map – The map is displayed on the top right-hand side, as well as which area you are situated in. Upon reaching level 10 you are able to change the class of your character, according to the character you have at the time.
- Bag – The bag displays your inventory, and the skill icon displays character, skills, mount, adventure handbook, achievement, and game settings.
- Main Attack – Your main attack icon is the largest circle of them all and can be held in continuously to deal damage. The smaller circles located around the big circle icon are your skills and fixed target selection.
Dragon Nest 2 – Maps
The map on Dragon Nest 2 is slightly different from what most gamers are accustomed to.
In order to travel between areas, you will need to select the map on the top right-hand corner of your screen. Using your finger to swipe, navigate to sections that display a portal-type icon.
Selecting these portals will either transfer you to that area or allow your character to run to the selected destination, using the auto feature.
There are various maps available that you can travel to. When you select the world map, while inside the map itself, you will be able to see the various areas available. We start at Carderock and the following areas become available at a later stage:
- Prairie Town
- Lake Island
- Saint’s Haven
- Black Mountain
- Desolate Island
- Anu Arendel
- Desert Oasis
Note that these areas are only available after reaching the required levels.
Dragon Nest 2 Tips
As Dragon Nest 2 is a huge game with plenty of features, a few tips may be the difference between life and death, so here you go!
The auto feature is available while chatting with NPCs on the map. Use this feature to automatically travel, whether using your mount, legs, or teleporting, to your next quest or destination.
On one of the first screens you enter when exiting and re-entering the game, you will find the first choice character that you selected. By selecting the + below your character, you are able to start a different class character.
You are able to zoom in and out by selecting your screen with two fingers, and pinching them together or spreading them apart.
In The Forbidden Land, levels have a time limit that you will need to finish the battle before the timer comes to an end. If you do not finish the level on time, you will lose the battle.
Watch out for random glowing areas on the ground, these areas are secrets you will be able to pick up and use during gameplay.
Using Deckards’s Page, you are able to unlock the next chapter.
Achievements can be unlocked by completing quests, and in doing so you will obtain awesome rewards.
Tapping on items and sometimes holding the button in will display the item’s function, how to use them, and so forth.
Dragon Nest 2 is a well-developed game, with features that will ensure you remain occupied for hours at a time. The graphics are exceptional, and the gameplay is smooth.