There are lots of match-3 games available for Android and iOS devices, but the genre never gets old or boring. Every new game offers something unique and interesting to players. And when popular franchises come up with something totally different than previous games, fans just can’t stop playing their favorite game on their smartphones.
Bejeweled Stars is one such game that will make you jump with joy. It has amazing graphics, challenging objectives and plenty of secrets that will keep you glued to your smartphone screen for hours. Watch our gameplay video to know how to create special gems.
Once you finish watching, check out these quick tips, hints and cheats:
1. You will have ample time to scan the game board for bigger gem matches in levels that require completing objectives within certain moves. Many levels have objectives such as clearing crystals, collecting gems etc., which is why it’s very crucial to get more flame gems, hyper cubes and other special gems to complete your objectives before you run out of moves.
Have patience and examine the game board and look for bigger matches. Start looking for gem swap opportunities that will allow you to match 4 gems of the same color in a row or column. You can match 3 gems of the same color in case you can’t find bigger matches, but your priority should be to create special gems by matching 4 or more same-color gems.
2. To get 3 stars, make sure you have plenty of moves left after completing objectives. Having extra moves can fill the star meter faster. During the “Last Hurrah”, extra moves will be used to fill the meter.
3. Swapping adjacent gems to line up 4 gems of the same color horizontally or vertically will create a Flame Gem. Matching this gem with two or more gems of the same color will trigger an explosion in the shape of a square, clearing all gems in it. You can also make this special gem by matching 4 gems into a square.
If a Flame gem is placed close to another Flame gem, just swap them to trigger a bigger explosion. The shape of the square this time will be much larger than before.
4. Match 5 gems in a row (horizontally or vertically) to create a Hypercube. Now move a hypercube to any gem and all gems of that color will be destroyed.
5. You are lucky if a Hypercube and Flame Gem are placed next to each other. Move Hypercube up to a Flame Gem that is placed on the adjacent square and all gems of that color will be turned into Flame Gems.
For example: If you move a Hyper Cube to a Green Flame Gem then all green gems on the game board will turn into flame gems. And if some of these same type flame gems are close to each other, just match them to trigger a big gem explosion.
6. Similarly, moving hypercube to a star gem will create stars gems of that color. So if you have swapped Hypercube and a purple star gem, then all purple gems will turn into star gems.
7. To get a special “Star Gem”, match five gems in a “T” or “L” shape. Now match a star gem with two or more gems of the same color to trigger a cross shaped blast. The cross shaped explosion will remove a column and row of gems where the star gem was placed.
Swap a Star Gem with a Flame Gem to trigger a “+” shaped and a square-shaped explosion at the same time.
8. You can replay previously played levels to collect Sky Gems. These mighty gems appear randomly on the game board and can be collected either by matching them with 2 or more normal gems of the same color or by using special gems. Sky Gems look unique – Purple gem is shaped like a flower, disco ball gem (silver gem) is shaped like a star, golden gem is shaped like a crescent moon etc.
9. Sky Gems can be used to craft a “Power” (in other words, a power up) at the Power Lab. You will need to combine two Sky Gems to create a Power. For example, to craft a “Flame Swapper”, which swaps any gem of your choice for a Flame gem of that color, you will need 10 red Sky Gems and 8 Silver Sky Gems. The Flame Swapper can be used on hard-to-beat game boards. When you have collected the required number, tap the Power Lab icon at the bottom of the screen and then tap the power up. It will take a few minutes to create a special gem. Watch this gameplay video to know how to make use of sky games:
10. Keep winning levels to increase drop chances of charm chests. The more stars you earn, the higher the chances of earning a rare chest. Charm chests contain charms (Read smileys and special icons) which let you express yourself on the level map. Your Facebook friends can see your chosen unlocked charm on top of a level on the map. To unlock a new charm, you will need to open Charm Chests. You must have a key to open such chests. To get keys, hit the “Power Lab” at the bottom of the screen and craft a key by combining a yellow SkyGem with a red SkyGem.
11. Collect stars to complete constellations. When you complete a level, you can earn up to three stars that fill parts of a big constellation. Once you have completed a piece, you get special rewards like gold and SkyGems. Tap the constellation icon at the top of the game screen to see how many stars have been placed on a constellation. You can play previous levels to collect all three stars in case you have failed to do so in your first attempt. Make sure you have completed objectives in a level to have extra moves left. These extra moves will fill the star meter and you will get three stars once the meter is full.
12. When a level finishes, a screen shows your total score, the number of stars you have earned and SkyGems you have collected. At the bottom of this screen, you will find a score sheet that will inform you about the score target you will need to reach to earn one, two or three stars. In case you have earned only one star in a level, note down the score targets you will need in the total score screen and try to complete objectives faster to reach that target.
Last Updated on November 24, 2019 by Anurag Ghosh